Venus governs our personal perception of what we value, our likes, love, are attracted to, fertility, what we decide to buy and why, our appearance, and what we personally consider as beautiful. It rules marriage and partnerships under the sign of Libra, as well as any concerns with appearances and possessions under the sign of Taurus. How we’re affected is highlighted in our natal charts within the placing of sign, house, and the connections Venus makes to other planets and positions.
Retrograde: The exchange of affection is decreased during this period, usually caused by the need for inner reflection, and increased soul-searching. Things of the past that we liked before may reappear, whether in the form of people or relationship, and recreational pursuits. There may well be tension in the delivery of these exchanges, and reappearances, in contrast to when Venus is in direct motion, therefore, some bad days may be in store.
There might be some financial delays, and ‘new’ relationships (whether with people, career, hobbies, material possessions, or investments of either time or money) are discouraged until Venus returns to direct motion.
While Mars is also in Scorpio, there might be a need to find an empowering balance between your willingness to compromise and ability to stand your ground without overturning the apple cart in the process. Since Venus is also softly aspecting the North Node (goals) during this cycle, be on the lookout for opportunities to reclaim your personal power which can align you more closely with ways to move forward and fulfill your life’s purpose, or plans.
The small rough aspects from Venus to Jupiter and Uranus suggest some quick thinking on our feet for a while. Be willing to make adjustments, even though they might be annoying or inconvenient. Stay engaged and cooperative, but remember that it’s just as important for your needs and interests to be part of the solutions too.
- Wherein lays the need for improvement, and what are some methods?
- Consider many angles, various options and alternatives to resolve pressing issues and concerns, then weigh them against each other toward choosing what’s most practical and effective.
- Might need to make extra effort to keep confidence level from sinking, or shrinking back having to do with important decisions you’ve made up to this point in time.
- Reassess where you want it to go. Perhaps a time-line if that would make the overall picture easier to comprehend. Be as realistic as possible.
- Post this where it can be viewed, leaving space for notes and additions as they surface.
About every 20 months, Venus retrogrades for a period of about 40 days appearing to go backward from our view against the stars. She’s visible in the western sky during the evenings starting in December becoming increasingly brighter from the month of March.
This is a good time to reach for the stars.